Check temperature, done.
Good to Know
Surface Temperature Only
Ensures IR thermometers measures the surface temperatures only, not the internal temperature of food or liquids or materials. Make sure you swirl or stir your milk before measuring for the most accurate reading.
Beware of Invisible Steam
IR thermometers can be temporarily affected by frost, moisture, dust, fog, smoke or other particles in the air. Be aware that steam, even when a liquid is not boiling, can condense on the thermometer and affect the accuracy of the measurements.
No See Through
IR thermometers do not see through glass, liquids or other transparent surfaces, they measure the temperature of the first point of contact.
IR thermometers have a beam and measure on a spot, make sure this is properly aimed at the surface to measure and not reflecting off other materials like the sides of jug or pot.
Watch those reflections
Highly reflective surfaces like stainless steel tend to reflect ambient infrared energy rather than emit their own. So measuring boiling water in a highly polished stainless pot may give an incorrect reading.
Not for body temperature
This thermometer cannot and should not be used for measuring body temperatures. Only a medical thermometer should be used for such purposes.
- Weight 27 grams / 1Oz
- Range -50°C - 250°C
- Dimensions 115x22x20mm
- Emmissivity Rating 0.95
- Power 2x LR44 Batteries
What they say about it
- Robert O.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRate your latte art skills I'm just getting startedHow do you make your espresso? Automatic MachineRated 5 out of 5 stars2 days agoBrilliant
- Nestor M.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRate your latte art skills I can do a basic heartHow do you make your espresso? Manual espresso maker, Automatic Machine, AeropressRated 5 out of 5 stars2 weeks agoAwesome.
Minimalist and works great.
- jonRated 3 out of 5 stars1 month ago3 Stars
Well made but not practical for my use will try and see if I can put it to better use
- Guido D.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRate your latte art skills I can do a basic heartHow do you make your espresso? Manual espresso makerRated 4 out of 5 stars2 months agogreat gadget, a bigger display or lit would be better
wish it would have bigger back lit display
- MarlaRated 3 out of 5 stars2 months ago3 Stars
Well packaged. Have not used it yet. Purchased with pitcher. Same shipping issue with